- Transferring Microsoft Office 2019 To New Computer
- Transferring Microsoft Office To New Computer With Windows 7
Ever since its launch, Microsoft Office has secured and held on to the top spot among all the office application packages. Its easy to use and robust office management software make all your work simple and efficient. Even in the field of personal use, the Microsoft Office applications are preferred by millions of users worldwide. But when you need to change your laptop or computer because of breaking down or simply to change the ownership, then you need to transfer Microsoft office to a new computer. This can be a tricky job if you have no idea how to do it.
See more: http://www.ehow.com/tech/. Find the computer name of your old computer, click on the 'deactivate' link beside it (see deactivate article below). You have now done EVERYTHING you need to do to install on a new computer. IF the old computer was still running, the Office installation would go into 'limited function mode' because it was no longer activated.
So, in order to help you, here we are explaining the steps to transfer Microsoft office to a new computer. Follow this guide for the smooth transitioning from your old computer to the new one.
How to transfer Microsoft Office to another computer
To get started with the process of transferring Microsoft Office to a new computer, you need to first deactivate your Office account and completely uninstall Microsoft Office from your old computer. Note that you can transfer Microsoft Office to another computer only if you have the product serial code.
Transfer Microsoft Office to New Computer
Step 1 – Deactivate Microsoft Office on your old computer
- Open any web browser application on the computer from which you wish to transfer Microsoft Office. Go to Microsoft Webstore.
- Then log in to the Microsoft store using your username and password. Once you have logged in, you can access the list of all active installs that you currently possess.
- You can see an orange button named install in the column “install”. Click on the install button.
- Then click on Deactivate install under the column named installed.
- Confirm to deactivate the install by clicking on Deactivate in the pop up menu which appears to confirm the deactivation of your Office.
- Now your Office install is successfully deactivated.
Step 2 – Uninstall Microsoft Office from old computer
The next step is to uninstall Microsoft Office from your old computer. To do so follow these steps
Uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac
- Open Finder on your Mac and go to Applications.
- Locate Microsoft Office in the list of applications shown and Right click on it and select Move to Trash.
- Microsoft Office is uninstalled from your Mac.
Uninstall Microsoft Office on Windows
- Open the search bar from the start menu and type Control Panel in the search bar. Click on it to open it.
- After launching Control Panel, go to Programs
- Next go to Uninstall a Program and then select Microsoft Office from the list of programs.
- Double click it or click on Uninstall to remove Microsoft Office and all of its components from your old Windows computer.
Now that you have successfully uninstalled Microsoft Office from your old computer you can move on with transferring Microsoft Office from your old computer to the new computer. Now you have to install Microsoft Office on the new computer using the product license key.
Step 3 – Install Microsoft Office on new Computer
- Launch any web browser and go to the Microsoft webstore.
- Login to Microsoft webstore using your login credentials.
- Click on the install option under the heading Office. This will download the setup file for installing Microsoft Office.
- Once the download is complete, launch the Setup file to install the Microsoft Office software.
- When Microsoft Office has finished installing, open it and Sign in with your username and password and then enter the product license key when asked for it.
- Your task of how to transfer Microsoft Office to another computer is completed and you have successfully transferred Microsoft Office from your old computer to a new one.
Now you have successfully learnt how to transfer Microsoft Office to another computer. Keep following The FIX blogs for many such interesting and informative articles.
In this article, we’ll see how to transfer Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and its other components (and along with all other programs you may need transferred) from one computer to another. This works for all Office versions – Office 365, Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and even 2003. The transfer includes all software, settings and files, including documents, emails, accounts, presentations, spreadsheets, PSTs and all other data. In fact, you can also transfer other programs and files as well, not just Office, and they will all function just as on the old machine.
In this tutorial, we’ll learn how to transfer Office completely automatically – using Zinstall WinWin. In terms of Windows versions, you can use this tutorial for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and XP. Yes, this does mean that you can transfer Office even from XP to Windows 10!
Using this method of transfer, you can even automatically transfer Office license and serial numbers as you have them on the old computer. Of course, Office will still validate your license after the transfer, and you should have a proper legal license to pass that validation. However, this means that if you do have a valid legal license, you can transfer even if you do not have the installation disks or don’t remember your serial number!
How to transfer Office from one computer to another
- Download Zinstall WinWin on both computers.
Note: You can download WinWin here, and its user guide here.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the old computer.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the new computer.
- You don’t need to do any configurations for the computers to connect – it’s automatic.
- If the computers are already connect to same router, same Internet connection, or same wireless connection, you don’t need anything else.
- If the computers are not connected at all, connect them with a network / Ethernet cable.
- If you’d like to select which applications and files you want to transfer, press the Advanced menu. If you just want to transfer everything, you don’t need to go to the Advanced menu. Office software and files will be transferred automatically.
- Press “Go” on the new computer to start the transfer
- The transfer will take a while (depending on how much data you have to transfer), and report to you when done.
That’s it! You now have your Office, with all of your data and other programs, on your new computer.
Transferring Microsoft Office 2019 To New Computer
Ready to transfer your Office, programs and files?