Transcribe Audio to Text via Google Docs When Google Docs released the “Voice typing” feature, transcribing audio to text became much easier. This is a free, built-in feature, so the only. How to convert MP3 to Text? Upload your MP3 audio and select the language used in the audio. No size restriction and first 10 minutes are free. We transcribe your audio will be converted from audio to text in just a few minutes. Do you want to transcribe the speech from your MP3 into a text file? Well, now you can, with VEED! VEED’s online auto transcription tool is fast, free, and easy to use. Compatible not just with MP3s, but with WAVs, AACs, OGGs, M4As, and even video files - you can convert to text with the click of a button. Automatic Transcription by Vocalmatic. Convert audio and video into text and edit to perfection with our online editor. Get started with 30 minutes for free!
IBM Watson Speech to Text technology enables fast and accurate speech transcription in multiple languages for a variety of use cases, including but not limited to customer self-service, agent assistance and speech analytics. Get started fast with our advanced machine learning models out-of-the-box or customize them for your use case.
Need a virtual assistant for voice and digital channels?
See how AI solves customer issues the first time, across any channel.
What sets Watson Speech to Text apart?
Enable your voice applications using neural technologies for speech recognition powered by IBM Watson®.
Improve speech recognition accuracy for your use case with language and acoustic training options.
Activate your voice application with speech models tuned for the customer care domain.
Automatic transcription and also transcription with playback features are what make these transcription tools attractive. Here are 10 Transcription Software for Windows.
1.Listen N WriteListen N Write is a straightforward and easy to use tool for transcription. It doesn't have too many sophisticated options but a simplistic interface to convert the speech to text. You can skip or rewind the file to ease transcription task.
Listen N Write supports MP3 and WAV files and generates the necessary size for the output. It operates on Windows 10, Windows 7 (32 bit), Windows 7 (64 bit), Windows 8, Windows Vista (32 bit), Windows Server, Windows Vista (64 bit), Windows XP.
The tool is free with no installation or downloading charges. Once you launch the program, the file appears in a media player file. The corresponding text can be edited in the text editor that pops up. It does not, however, do automatic transcription.
By default, Listen N Write plays for 5 seconds and pauses for you to type. You can adjust the speed and playback options if you find the speed to be too fast. Fast forward and rewind can be adjusted using hotkeys. Using a Bookmark feature, critical sections in the file can be marked for a quick recall later.
2. EurescribeEureScribe makes the transcription faster for audio and video files. One of its striking features is that it breaks down larger media files into smaller segments. This can help you memorize quickly, and you can also use many keyboard shortcuts to have a hassle free typing experience. The output will be stored in RTF file or as subtitles video files if you are making movie subtitles.
However, to use other formats such as PDF, an explicit conversion will have to be done later on. EureScribe works with all the main formats like WAV, MP3, WMA, AVI, MPEG and DVD video. There are two editions for this tool designed to fit different users. Personal edition can be helpful for individual needs. Workgroup for organizations or companies that are working on subtitling a project or film.
3. MAXQDAMAXQDA is a powerful transcription and data analysis tool. You have various options to analyze interview, audio/video files, images, and online surveys. Unstructured data and test theories can be organized to generate creative graphics and reports. The tool can be used to adapt the audio speed quickly and adjust the sound. Also, by the use of foot pedals, transcription can be accelerated.
Transcribe Audio To Text Free AppMAXQDA first creates an empty document automatically and connects it with the media file. And the Transcription mode control panel will appear where you can customize how MAXQDA should behave during the transcription. You can change the playing speed to speed up or slow down the clip. Using a rewind interval option, you can decide for how many seconds the player should jump back to continue playing the media file after you have stopped playing it.
A rewind interval of 3 to 5 seconds is preferable. A time stamp can be set which automatically enters a time stamp into the transcript each time you click an Enter button. Time stamps can be used to connect text in the document and corresponding location in the media file. So using the time stamp, you can jump to any place you wish. Foot pedal and hotkeys can be used to speed up transcription.
4. Transcribe! - Seventh StringTranscribe! from Seventh String is useful for users who deal with music and audio files. It can be used to work with a particular part of music from a recording.
The music player of Transcribe! has many transcription specific features which are specially designed for speech to text conversion. Some of its features are that it is adaptable to changes in pitch and speed. It has storage and recall of named loops. With the support of foot pedals, transcription is further easier.
5. Enhilex Medical Transcription SoftwareEnhilex Medical Transcription Software is designed for easing out the medical transcription process. Medical terms and abbreviations can be easily managed using this tool. It can hold an unlimited number of lab names and abbreviations across various folders.
These entries can be copied from notepad and pasted into MS Word or any other file format. It has a well-structured database where search operations can be done fast. It has a one-month free trial, and if you like it, the full version can be purchased.
6. TranscribeTranscribe can efficiently convert speech to text even with background noise and multiple speakers. Using automatic transcription feature, it can speed up the transcription process with twice or thrice the normal rate. Using the control buttons such as the pause and rewind buttons, and also the hotkeys, transcription can be better controlled.
Speech to text conversion can be advanced with accurate. You can transcribe quickly with the media player playing the audio file and having the text file in the same window. It will save a lot of time spent on switching between text and audio file. It supports all the main file formats such as mp3, mp4, m4a, AMR, WMA and wav.
And there are many hot keys to function as shortcuts. Transcription at each keystroke will be auto saved. Undo key can be used to go back to the previous state so that you can rectify your errors and move forward. The output file can be exported as a .doc file to your device using Export icon.
Also, there is a dictation feature that can be used to convert spoken words directly into text using voice recognition. You can even repeat what you hear in the video in your voice so as to convert it into text. Dictation engine supports all the key European and Asian languages. Also, there are supporting features such as USB foot pedal and time stamps for exact transcriptions.
7. Transcriber ProTranscriber Pro is a convenient, fast and easy to use tool for professional translators. It opens the audio and text file in the same window for an easy transcription process. Some hotkeys can be completely customized, and time stamps and speaker are also tagging. Playback speed adjustment and unique HTML export options are some other unique features of Transcriber Pro.
The proofreading is less tiresome with navigation through media and the document and the assignment of unique tags. You can also split the transcription and finally merge them so that multiple users can work at the same time. Transcriber is compatible with Windows 8/8.1/10, Windows 7/Vista.
Transcribe Audio To Text Free Online
8. Transcription HelperTranscription Helper is a handy tool for transcription. Playback can be controlled using hotkeys and foot pedal. There is a feature to generate time stamps automatically to navigate to specific points in the video. The transcript document can be exported into the text document which can be used in other programs.
This is an excellent tool to create subtitles, translating lyrics of songs. It supports all the key audio and video formats including WAV, MP3, WMA, AVI, MPEG and MOV files. With such remarkable features, Transcription Helper works well for lengthy audio and video clips.
9. Voice AgainVoice Again, using the slow down and speed up features can translate speech to text without changing the pitch or other parameters. The tool can be utilized for the documentation of interviews and dictations. Voice Again retains the vocal clarity of the clip even at variable speeds using its high-quality algorithms.
The rate can be changed to 10 times slower or up to six times faster. There are noise reduction features and audio, graphic display with zoom controls. Videos of WAV, MP3, OGG and WMA formats are supported. Also, Compact Disc Audio from your CD or DVD drive can be imported. You can also bookmark important parts of a recording using the annotation feature.