TeamViewer QuickSupport is one of a few different applications produced by the same company that allow you to receive remote technical support on your PC.
This article shows the ports used by TeamViewer, and explains how to block or allow these ports on your computer network. Ports used by TeamViewer. The ports used by TeamViewer are TCP 80, TCP 443 and TCP 5938. How to Allow TeamViewer Ports. You do not need to redirect any ports in order for TeamViewer to work. The most popular versions among TeamViewerQS users are 12.0, 6.0 and 5.0. This free software is an intellectual property of TeamViewer. StartMenuIcon.exe, TeamViewerQStr.exe, TeamViewerQSLTGEMEA.exe, TeamViewerQSen.exe or TeamViewerQSde-idc4qh9zqq.exe are the default file names to indicate the TeamViewerQS installer. Jun 02, 2020 The most popular versions among TeamViewerQS users are 12.0, 6.0 and 5.0. This free software is an intellectual property of TeamViewer. StartMenuIcon.exe, TeamViewerQStr.exe, TeamViewerQSLTGEMEA.exe, TeamViewerQSen.exe or TeamViewerQSde-idc4qh9zqq.exe are the default file names to indicate the TeamViewerQS installer. Mar 23, 2021 TeamViewer QuickSupport 15.16.8 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs. This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from remote desktop software without restrictions. TeamViewer QuickSupport 15.16.8 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows.
The way the application works is after installation, a user ID and password are generated by the program. Once you give these login credentials to somebody, they can request remote access to your computer's desktop.
As a portable program, installation is not required so just running the application after downloading is sufficient to activate the functionality on your PC.
Some of the functionality included with TeamViewer QuickSupport include providing remote access to a desktop, transfer files between the host and the client, audio calling, text chat and remote computing with Android devices.
Beware of scams
TeamViewer applications are often used by so-called tech support scammers to gain access to a user's computer. The usual way the scam works is the agent will connect to a PC and convince the victim that the computer is infected with a virus, the 'network is compromised' or other such malarkey.
Users should never provide access to their systems from unknown users calling you or by anybody that claims to be from Microsoft or some technical support company.
Teamviewer Qs Mac
In fairness, TeamViewer QuickSupport is a good way to assist users with their PC troubles or just as a basic remote computing tool but it's been used far too often by unscrupulous companies in overseas call centers.
Features and highlights
- Real-time screenshots
- Remote control several Android devices
- Chat with nudge feature
- See a list of all installed apps
- Push and pull Wi-Fi settings
- Detailed Dashboard view
TeamViewer QuickSupport 15.16.8 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from remote desktop software without restrictions. TeamViewer QuickSupport 15.16.8 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows.Filed under:
- TeamViewer QuickSupport Download
- Freeware Remote Desktop Software
- Portable Software
- Major release: TeamViewer QuickSupport 15.16
- Remote Control Software
TeamViewer is used widely and frequently by users all over the world. It works fine usually; however, when some errors occur in TeamViewer, it will not work. When that really happens, you should start to find every possible means to fix TeamViewer not working.
You may need the MiniTool Software sometime in order to organize system & protect data.
What is TeamViewer? It is actually a proprietary software application that has been designed for:
- Remote control (the main function)
- Desktop sharing
- Online meetings
- Web conferencing
- File transfer between different computers
With good compatibility, the TeamViewer can work well on a lot of platforms, such as Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, iOS, and Android.
TeamViewer Not Working in Windows 10
Windows 10 is running on more than 800 million devices. Recently, I noticed a problem in it: the TeamViewer not working. Many users reported that they can't use it anymore after upgrading systems to Windows 10.
- There is no connection to partner.
- The session limit of Teamviewer is reached.
- The Teamviewer can’t be opened in Windows.
- The Teamviewer has stopped working suddenly.
- The Teamviewer can’t be connected to another computer.
TeamViewer Stops Working: Cases
The possible cases of TeamViewer issues include:
- TeamViewer remote control not working
- TeamViewer remote printing not working
- TeamViewer audio not working
- TeamViewer file transfer not working
- TeamViewer mouse not working
- TeamViewer wake on LAN (Local Area Network) not working
When you are one of the victims, you should read the following content carefully in order to find suitable methods for solving the TeamViewer problems.
How to Fix TeamViewer Issues on Windows Computers
I’ll summarize 5 solutions for you to settle down the TeamViewer problems.
Update Your TeamViewer to the Latest Version
You’d better go to check the version of TeamViewer running on your computer. If it’s not the newest one, please install the latest version. This will solve the problem effectively when the TeamViewer version is not compatible with your Windows 10.
Lower the Screen Resolution
Another incompatible event is the screen resolution of PC is not computer with TeamViewer, so it won’t work. Generally, the problem is caused when the screen resolution is too high.
In this case, you should lower the screen resolution of your PC by following steps:
- Right click on the blank area of your PC screen.
- Choose Display settings.
- The Display is checked in the left pane. Now, find Resolution area in the right pane.
- Click on the downward arrow to select a lower screen resolution.
- Click on the Keep changes button in the pop-up window to confirm.
- Try TeamViewer again.
Turn off Windows Firewall
- Click on the Windows search icon or box on taskbar.
- Type firewall into the textbox.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from result.
- Select Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- In the Customize Settings window, check Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) under Private network settings and Public network settings.
- Click on the OK button to confirm.
Run Windows Troubleshooter
Teamviewer Qs 13
- Open Settings app by pressing Start + I.
- Click on the Update & Security option in the Settings window.
- Select Troubleshoot in the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to the Find and fix other problems area in the right-hand panel.
- Select Windows Store apps.
- Click on the Run the Troubleshooter button that appears after previous step.
- Launch the TeamViewer again to see whether it runs smoothly.
This way is only suitable for the TeamViewer downloaded from Windows Store.
Adjust the Registry
- Open Windows Search.
- Type regedit.
- Go to this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWOW6432Node.
- Select TeamViewer key.
- Select File from menu bar.
- Go to File, Export and then add DisableDuplicationAPI to your registry.
- Close Registry Editor.
- Open Windows Search.
- Type msc and press Enter.
- Scroll down to find TeamViewer.
- Right click on it and select Restart.
If you can’t find the TeamViewer key in step 4, please create a new key and name it TeamViewer.
Teamviewer Qs Download
If all the above 5 methods failed, please try to fix TeamViewer not working by updating your Windows.