Software center provides you with a means to install officially authorized software on UL Lafayette owned computers without the approval of a Network Administrator. Be aware that there will be minor cosmetic and title differences in different versions of Windows. For a list of current applications avaiable in software center, click HERE. To access software center. Download the latest from Windows, Windows Apps, Office, Xbox, Skype, Windows 10, Lumia phone, Edge & Internet Explorer, Dev Tools & more. Software Center In Software Center, companies and universities work together to accelerate the adoption of novel approaches to software engineering. The cooperation between academia and companies creates the software engineering success stories that the Swedish- and Nordic industry needs. Installing Windows Software via Software Center. CAS offers a number of programs that you can install to your CAS-supported computer. Software Center shows you the programs that are available for you to install. Software Center is not available for Macs. Instead, please see Self Service.
Software center provides you with a means to install officially authorized software on UL Lafayette owned computers without the approval of a Network Administrator. Be aware that there will be minor cosmetic and title differences in different versions of Windows.
For a list of current applications avaiable in software center, click HERE.
To access software center:
- Click on the 'Windows' or 'Start' button
- Type 'Software Center' in the 'Search programs and files' or 'Type here to Search' box.
- Click on 'Software Center' in the returned results
This will run Software Center. In Software Center, you'll see several different options, here is more information about what each tab is.
- This tab shows the application options that are available to install. Click on a program to learn more and to install it.
- This tab shows if there are any updates available for any of your currently installed programs.
- Operating Systems
- There should be no options available on this tab unless pushed by the Windows System Administrator.
- Installation Status
- This tab shows what programs are installed and information tied to that installation. If there is a problem installing a program, it will appear on this list.
- Device Compliance
- This tab checks to see if the device is compliant to the Win Domain. If you are able to log into the Win Domain, you are in compliance. You will not need to do anything on this tab.
- This tab shows options that are set by the IT department in order to offer the greatest amount of support to the greatest amount of users. Please do not change any of these settings without the consent on your Network Manager.
Once you select a software to be installed, select the icon, then press the install button. The install process will take some time, depending on the current speed of the network, the size of the program, and the speed of the installing computer. There will be no progress bar, like a typical install. After some time, the installation will complete and the program will be ready for use.
#List of Current Available Software Titles:
- Apperson DataLink Connect
- Barracuda Outlook Add-In
- Cameo Chemicals
- FortiClient UL VPN
- Foxit Reader
- Google Earth
- Hawkes Developmental Package
- MiCollab Desktop Client
- MOVEit Central Admin
- MOVEit Transfer Outlook Plug-In
- R Project
- SAP GUI
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Tera Copy
Recently, many Microsoft users have complained about that their Windows 10 Software Center is missing and they can’t find it. This post will provide more details and some useful solutions to fix this issue. Browse the official website of MiniTool to get more information.
Windows 10 Software Center Is Missing
As a part of Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Software Center provides the IT administrators with a centralized environment, which can change system policies remotely, upgrade applications or deploy applications.
SCCM is included in Microsoft System Center 2012 and SCCM allows IT administrators to deliver, manage, support and update applications and services across campus.
However, things here are usually not ideal, and the most common problem you may encounter is that Windows 10 Software Center is missing. Although it happens during other scenarios as well, it seems to be more common after you have upgraded to Windows 10.
How to launch Windows 10 Software Center? Here are two methods for you.
- The simplest method is to press Start and type Software Center to launch Software Center on Windows 10.
- Another method is that if you navigate to the Start menu, under the Microsoft System Center group, you can look for the Software Center.
If your Windows 10 Software Center is missing, it will make you feel inconvenient when you use your computer. Here are three solutions to fix that the entire Software Center is missing.
How to Fix- Windows 10 Software Center Is Missing
Solution 1: Run SFC Scanner
Step 1: Launch Command Prompt, type dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter. Then there will be a message: “The operation completed successfully”.
Step 2: Type sfc /scannow and press Enter after the message appears. This process might take some time.
Step 3: The message “Verification 100% complete” will be shown after it’s done.
Software Center Application
Step 4: At last, type Exit to close the Command Prompt window.
Solution 2: Run Windows System Restore
If your Windows 10 Software Center went missing after you have upgraded from a previous version of Windows 10 or installed an application recently. System restore will be especially useful.
What is a system restore point and how to create restore point Windows 10? This post will show you the answers.
Step 1: In the Cortana search box, type Control Panel and select it from the options given.
Step 2: Click System and Security and in this page, click System.
Step 3: On the left, click the System protection link.
Step 4: Click the System Restore... button when the System Properties window appears.
Step 5: Then select the restore point you want to use from those in the list and click Next to continue.
Step 6: After confirming the restore point, you can click the Finish button.
Solution 3: Check Window Security Center for Malware Infection
Step 1: Launch the Windows Security window from the taskbar.
Step 2: You should mark out the different protection levels with a green check mark. If not, click the specific feature to do some necessary operation.
Software Center Logs
Step 3: Click Scan Now to perform a virus scan of your PC.
Software Center Error: 0x4005(16389)
Software Center Ywx Com.dll
When the entire Software Center is missing, don’t worry about it. The above-mentioned solutions should be enough for you to fix this issue.