Configuring the Network Threat Protection component on Mac devices
Download a free trial of Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac - the latest free antivirus for Mac - to protect your computer against viruses, malware and other cyber threats. Kaspersky Total Security gives you a smarter way to protect your family’s digital world—on your PC, Mac and mobile devices. Along with award-winning protection for your privacy, money, communications and identity, it includes an easy-to-use password manager and extra security for your family’s precious photos, music and files. We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us.
The Network Threat Protection component protects the computer against intrusions into the computer's operating system. The component protects against attacks by hackers (employing port scanning or password cracking), and also protects against the malware installed by hackers (including malware that sends personal data to criminals). The malware involved in network attacks includes certain Trojans, DoS attack tools, malicious scripts and network worms.
When dangerous network activity is detected, Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud automatically blocks the IP address of the attacking computer.
To configure the Network Threat Protection component on Mac devices:
- Open Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud Management Console.
- Select the Security management → Security profiles section.
The Security profiles section contains a list of security profiles configured in Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud.
- In the list, select the security profile for the devices on which you want to configure the Network Threat Protection component settings.
- Click the link with the profile name to open the security profile properties window.
The security profile properties window displays settings available for all devices.
- In the Mac group, select the Security settings section.
- Switch the toggle button to Network Threat Protection is enabled.
- Click the Settings link below the Network Threat Protection is enabled toggle button.
The Network Threat Protection component settings page opens.
- In the Network Threat Protection settings section, in the Time to block attacking computer (min) field, specify the time period during which the IP address of the attacking computer will be blocked.
- To save the changes, click the Save button.
After the security profile is applied, the Network Threat Protection component will be enabled on users' Mac devices.