Gmail and MS Outlook are the two most used email client applications by the users. I am sure that you must have felt difficulty in logging into two different accounts. The only way out is to synchronize Gmail account to Outlook.
It is really easy to say that we can sync Gmail to Outlook but hard to do when we implement it. If you go through the whole article then I guarantee you that you must be able to import Gmail account to MS Outlook easily. You just have to follow the simple steps and implement it on your screen.
Steps to Synchronize Gmail to MS Outlook Account:
- Create Gmail ID
- Login with that ID
- Enable IMAP access in Google Settings
- “Less Secure Apps” option should be enabled
- Add Gmail Account in Outlook
- Mar 12, 2019 With Gmail open on the web, click the cog icon (top right) then Settings. Choose Accounts and Import then Add an email account to import messages from somewhere else. You’ll need to give your login.
- Official Gmail Help Center where you can find tips and tutorials on using Gmail and other answers to frequently asked questions.
- Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, Outlook.com, and AOL accounts all use two-factor authentication to help verify that you’re the person trying to access your email account. To add your email account to Outlook, you’ll need an app password, also known as an application password. This is a different password than your regular email account password.
These five major steps will help you to add Google account to MS Outlook. But they are not that much easy to implement as they look. So I here to spoon feed my readers. Now I am going to tell you the various steps for implementing these major steps.
Syncing Issues Gmail In Outlook
How to Create a Gmail Account
I have converted my personal gmail account from POP to IMAP in Outlook 2019. What I didn't realized that gmail syncs EVERY single folder in Outlook, not just gmail folders but all of my work folders that are separate.pst files. So how do I stop the sync all of my folders except my gmail inbox.
Step 1– Go to www.gmail.com and click on create an account.
Step 2- Enter your name, password, and check for the username availability.
Step 3- Choose your Country code and enter your Phone Number and click on “Next” to continue.
Step 4- Enter the code you will receive and then click on verify. Once you verify your account then your Google account will be created. If due to any network issue you are unable to receive to receive the verification message then you can click on “Call Instead” option to verify your account.
So by now, you must be able to create a Gmail Account. Now you must learn how to log into the Gmail account because once you have created your account then you must access that account.
How to log into Gmail Account
There are three easy steps for doing so:-
Step 1- Open the Gmail login page.
Step 2-Enter your Email Address and click on “Next”.
Step 3-Enter your Password and click on next. Then this will make you access your account. You can click on “eye” icon to decode your password.
These are the three simple steps which can help you to log into the Gmail account.
Steps to Enable IMAP in Google
Step 1– Click on settings on the top corner.
Step 2– From the Dropdown menu open Settings.
Step 3- Go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
Step 4- In the IMAP Access select the “Enable IMAP” option and click on “Save Changes”.
Just by following these steps you can enable the IMAP Access Option.
Steps to Enable Access to Less Secure Apps
Step 1- Click on Gmail Account profile on the top corner and select your Gmail account.
Step 2- In the Google account click on Security.
Step 3- In Security scroll down to Less Secure App Access option and click on “Turn on access”.
Step 4- Turn on the option as shown below.
Once you enable this option you will be able to access less secure apps. You can apply these steps by yourself and there is no need for any technical guidance.
How to add Gmail Account to Outlook
Step 1- Open File Tab and click on “Add Account”.
Step 2- Add Account dialogue box will be opened where you have to enter the Gmail Username I.D, Email Address, and Password. Then click on Next.
Step 3-Choose the POP or IMAP option and click on Next.
Outlook Will Not Sync All Emails From IMAP Folders ...
Step 4- Go through the details you have entered and click on Next.
After this step, the Outlook will take some time to verify your Gmail Account. Once the account is verified then the confirmation dialogue box will appear with the message “Account Setup is Complete”. The time is taken in this whole process totally depends on the size of the mailbox.
Step 5- Now your Gmail Account has been Synced Successfully to MS Outlook.
How to Fix Outlook Issues
After reading the whole content I am sure that now you must be able to sync Gmail to Outlook. But actually, it is not as simple as it looks. Sometimes due to corruption, the Gmail account is unable to sync to Outlook. The PST files on Outlook are prone to corruption and it can damage your whole Gmail account after synchronization.
So I would suggest that you must first repair the Outlook PST files then only try to add the Gmail account to Outlook. If you are looking for a third party tool then you can find many on the web. But choosing the best one is a difficult task. According to me, you must try the Outlook PST Repair tool which is one of the best tools. It has a user-friendly interface which would help you to run it by yourself.
I hope you must have enjoyed reading this article as there are many interesting things you have discovered in it.
Syncing means having the same data in the alternate destination. This might be in a single place or multiple places. Similar is the case to Sync Gmail calendar with your Outlook account.
Here in this tutorial, we see the best way How to sync Gmail Calendar with Outlook account.
Outlook is considered as the professional email services. If you are a regular user of Gmail, but need to switch to Outlook, then you might face different problems.
As the Interface is different from both. Not going much deeper to let us quickly solve this problem.
- Must try: How to store a document online (free & paid)?
How to Sync Gmail Calendar with Outlook
- Go to your Gmail account and sign in with login credentials.
- Tap on Google app icon on the top-right of your screen and choose Calendar from the app list.
- You Gmail Calendar page displays on your screen. On the left pane, select the calendar you wish to sync to your Outlook account. On the same page tap on Settings (gear icon) and tap on Settings.
- On the left side option, tap on Import & export option.
- Now on the Export option, click on Export to download all your selected calendar.
- Check your download, the new file saved as .ical.zip format.
As your Google Calendar is successfully downloaded on your computer, now you have to transfer it to your Outlook account. Let us quickly check how this works?
Before following the steps below. Please note that there are two different ways for both Outlook App and Outlook Web-based service.
Related: Best Mac Synchronization software that you must try.
Import Calendar on Outlook App
- Sign in to your Outlook account (Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016).
- Navigate to File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- The Import and Export Wizard appears, look for Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file. Select this option and click on Next button.
- Browse the location from where you wish to import (check the location where you have exported from Gmail account) enter a Gmail associated address and click OK.
- On the next step choose the Import option.
With these steps, your Gmail Calendar Successfully appears on your Outlook account. Now let us check the Web-based service.
Import Calendar on Outlook Web
Don’t be confused, web base simply means if you have opened your Outlook account on the browser. Follow some simple steps.
Again on your Web, there might be two version, check your mailbox how it looks (from below screenshot).
Both left and right side in above screenshot has the same steps.
- Sign in to your Outlook account.
- On the Application icon, tap on Calendar.
- Tap on Add Calendar on displayed in the toolbar. Drop down list appears, select From file.
NOTE: If you are unable to locate this option, then try to turn off Beta version.
- Select From file> Browse and choose the location where you have your calendar on your computer.
- Under the option of Calendar, tap on the drop-down arrow and select Calendar from the list. After this tap on Save button.
You are done. Check your Outlook Calendar with all new imported dates.
You may also like:
With this simple steps, you can easily import your downloaded contacts from a Gmail account. I hope you find no difficulty and like this tutorial about How to Sync Gmail Calendar with Outlook?
For the latest tech tutorial and best online software deals follow us on Facebook, Twitter.
If you are facing any problem regarding this tutorial comment below. We are always ready to help you!