How to Merge Two Email Accounts in Outlook 2010 and 2016
Alvina Gupta ❘ August 29th, 2019
Way to Merge Contacts From One Gmail Account To Another. Gmail import a CSV text file (“Comma-Separated Values”) or import vCard files exported from Microsoft Outlook, for integrating contacts. Simply export the Contacts of one account that will be in a.csv file and then imports that file into second account.
Nowadays, many users have two email accounts for different purposes. Still, sometimes it becomes quite difficult for them to manage multiple accounts. Also, to check the new emails separately in several email accounts. Outlook allows its users to bring all the account messages into a personal folder project to a single mailbox. Here, in this article, I will let you know how can you merge two email accounts in Outlook. So, here we go.
Merge Hotmail Accounts
Methods to Merge two Email Accounts in Outlook
Gmail is a program used for performing various functions like sending and receiving important e-mail and messages etc. Therefore, it is crucial to have a clear understanding of how to use it properly or how to transfer contacts from one Gmail account to another. I have two Gmail accounts. My main email account and one that was set up by a Sprint employee when I first purchased my smartphone. Is there a way I can merge the contact lists I have on both acc. How to Merge Two Email Accounts in Outlook 2010 and 2016. Alvina Gupta August 29th, 2019. Nowadays, many users have two email accounts for different purposes. Still, sometimes it becomes quite difficult for them to manage multiple accounts. Also, to check the new emails separately in several email accounts.
You can combine POP3 as well as IMAP email accounts in Outlook. For that, you need to follow the below-mentioned techniques.
Method 1: Combine Outlook Accounts using POP3
In order to get the email messages from multiple Outlook accounts at the same place, it is always better to give the same delivery location for all MS Outlook accounts. You just need to follow the below steps to change the delivery location and combine multiple email accounts in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.
- Firstly, open MS Outlook and then click Account Settings.
- Now, click on the File menu and choose Account Settings >> Email
- After that, select POP3 accounts for which you want to change the delivery location.
- Next, click on the Change Folder button to merge two email accounts in MS Outlook.
- Then, select the folder as a destination folder where you want to save the messages.
- Here, the folder could be an already existing folder such as the inbox or any separate folder.
- You can also create another folder like Inbox- Account1, Account2, or Account 3, etc.
- Users can also change the location where a new mailbox will be delivered in the case of POP3 and Exchange account in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.
Method 2: Combine Email Accounts in Outlook 2016, 2010 (IMAP)
Given below are the guidelines to combine two IMAP accounts into Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2010.
- First of all, open Outlook on your system and then go to the left sidebar, select an account and right-click on it.
- Next, click on New Folder. Under Create New Folder wizard, enter an appropriate name and click OK.
- After that, move to the Home menu and from the Rule drag-down menu, select Manage Rules and Alerts option.
- Under Rules and alerts window, choose an account and click on New Rule.
- In the Rules wizard, go to the heading and start from a blank rule. Click on the Apply rule on messages I receive. Click on the Next button.
- Now, enable the checkbox corresponding to through the specified account.
- In the wizard, select Specified and it will display an Account dialog box.
- Here, choose the required account and click OK. You will see the account name at the bottom of the wizard. Click on the Next button.
- After that, choose the option to move it to the specified folder and click on Specified and rules then an alert wizard will pop-up.
- Choose the inbox folder that is recently created for merging two IMAP email accounts in Outlook.
- Now, you will see the folder name on the bottom of the screen. Click on Finish button to exit.
- Doing this will return you to Rules and alert wizard. It will display the recently created rules, click on the OK button to apply the rule.
- Now, to combine this folder with other accounts, you have to repeat the complete procedure to get all email messages from multiple accounts to a Generic inbox folder.
Method 3: Professional Solution to Combine Multiple Email Accounts in Outlook
Merge Contacts From Two Gmail Accounts
So, by now you must be able to combine two email accounts in Outlook. As we can see that the manual technique is a quite lengthy and time-consuming procedure. Also, it can result in permanent data loss. Therefore, it is recommended to make use of a professional tool like the PST Merge Tool. With the help of this utility, you can easily merge multiple email accounts in Outlook without losing a single bit of data. It is highly efficient to combine multiple Outlook data files with Emails, Contacts, Calendar, Task, etc. Allow users to Merge Multiple Outlook PST File Into One
Above, I have described the best methods to merge two email accounts in Outlook 2010, 2016. The techniques include the manual approach as well as the automated solution. As the manual solution takes quite long and is a bit risky so you must for a professional solution.
I’d like to improve my Yahoo Mail security by enabling Two-Step Verification.
Since doing so, Outlook is constantly prompting me for my password even though I’m 100% sure that I’m putting in the correct password.
Can I Merge Google Accounts
How can I use Yahoo Mail with Outlook without disabling Two-Step Verification?
Currently, Outlook doesn’t offer native Two-Step Verification support for Yahoo Mail.
To still be able to use Two-Step Verification for your Yahoo Mail account and use Outlook, you must generate a special App Password and use that instead of your regular password in Outlook.
Step 1: Enabling Two-Step Verification for your Yahoo Mail account
Enabling Two-Step Verification for your Yahoo account is really easy;
- Logon to Yahoo Mail.
- Click on your name in the top-right corner and choose: Account Info.
- In the section on the left, click on: Account security.
At the bottom, click on the toggle button next to “Two-step verification” so that the “ball” is switched to the right.
When the “ball” is on the left, Two-Step Verification is still disabled.
Provide your mobile number to receive an authentication SMS or call.
Enter the received code in the verification prompt and press; Verify.
In the “Success” dialog, you can press the “Create app passwords” button and go to the next step.
Note: The change is effective immediately; If you have Outlook still running, you’ll now get password prompts. Just leave these prompts open for now.
Step 2: Get an App Password for Outlook
Now that you have Two-Step Verification enabled, you can generate an App Password to reconnect Outlook to your Yahoo mailbox.
- Go back to the Account security section.
At the bottom, click on the Generate app password link.
In the App password dialog that opens up, select: Outlook Desktop.
Selecting “Outlook Desktop” isn’t needed to make the App Password work, but makes it easier for your reference.
It’s actually currently bugged; Even when you select “Outlook Desktop”, the App Passwords dialog will generate it for “Outlook Android”. This doesn’t matter functionality wise though.
Press Generate to get a dialog with your App Password.
- Go to Outlook and paste or type the obtained app password (without any spaces) when being prompted for your password.
You can also do it directly via your Account Settings.
- Outlook 2007
Tools-> Account Settings…-> double click on your Yahoo account
- Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 (msi)
File-> Account Settings-> Account Settings…-> double click on your Yahoo account
- Office 365, Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2019
File-> Account Settings-> Account Settings…-> select your Yahoo account-> button: Repair…-> you’ll get prompted to enter your password
- Outlook 2007
- Once you’ve updated your password, Outlook will be able to connect to Yahoo again with Two-Step Verification enabled for your account.
When you still get prompted for your password, it is best to close and restart Outlook. If you still get prompted then, retype your App Password in the dialog box and make sure to select the option: Remember my password.