Gmail is a popular way to manage contacts crossing devices. However, it is hard to sync contacts between Gmail and iPhone. When you upgrade from Android to iPhone, for example, Google Contacts is a simple way to transfer your contacts. For multi-device users, it is a convenient way to manage your contacts. Anyway, if you are wondering how to sync contacts between Gmail and iPhone, you are coming to the right place. Keep reading and you can learn about three different approaches you can take.
- Add Gmail Contacts To Iphone
- How To Copy Contacts From Gmail To Iphone Backup
- How To Copy Contacts From Gmail To Iphone Without
Part 1: Import contacts from Gmail to iPhone using dr.fone - Transfer (iOS) One of the best ways to import contacts from Gmail to iPhone is by using dr.fone - Transfer (iOS). This highly advanced tool is developed by Wondershare and follows an intuitive process. On the iPhone, tap the Settings app to open it. Tap Contacts (on some older versions of the iOS, this is Mail, Contacts, Calendars). Tap Import SIM Contacts. When the import is done, your contacts will be available in the pre-installed Contacts app on your iPhone.
Part 1: Sync Gmail Contacts to iPhone Directly
In the past, you need to import contacts from Gmail to iTunes, and then sync Gmail contacts to your iPhone through a USB cable. Now, thanks to the new CardDAV support, you can quickly set up contact sync directly on your iPhone in just a few steps.
Step 1: On your iPhone, open the Settings app, tap on your name, and go to Passwords & Accounts. Scroll down to the bottom and touch Add Account.
Step 2: Then you will be presented several email providers that you can add to your iPhone. Choose Google or tap Other > Gmail, and enter your Gmail account on the next screen. Tap Next, put your password, and tap Next to confirm it.
Step 3: Next, toggle on the Contacts option, and tap Save at the upper right side. If your iPhone is connecting to a network, Gmail contacts will sync to iPhone and merge with existing contacts immediately.
Note: Bear in mind that it is two-way sync. After syncing, you’d better disable the Contacts syncing feature on iPhone. Otherwise, any changes on iPhone contacts will be saved to Gmail Contacts. Moreover, if you already used other Google or Outlook account on iPhone, you might see duplicate contacts.
Part 2: Sync Contacts from Gmail to iPhone with iCloud
In addition to sync all Gmail contacts to iPhone, you can also sync certain items between Gmail and iPhone with iCloud and your computer.
Step 1: Access Gmail website in your browser, sign in your account, select Contacts from the upper left side, and go to My Contacts on the left side.
Step 2: Check the contacts that you want to sync to iPhone, click More and choose Export to save Gmail contacts as a vCard file.
Step 3: Next, create a new tab in your browser and visit www.icloud.com, sign in your Apple ID and password. Enter the verification code appears on your iPhone if you have set up two-factor authentication.
Step 4: Choose Contacts to open the contact page. Then click the Gear icon at the bottom left corner, choose Import vCard, and open the vCard file from your hard drive.
Add Gmail Contacts To Iphone
Step 5: Turn on your iPhone, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and turn on Contacts. If your iPhone is online, Gmail contacts will start syncing to iPhone via iCloud.
Note: The process to sync iPhone contacts to Gmail is similar. All you need to do is to back up your contacts to iCloud from iPhone, export contacts from iCloud to your computer as a vCard file, and then import it into Gmail Contacts.
Part 3: Sync Gmail Contacts to iPhone by AnyMP4 iPhone Transfer Pro
For average people, syncing contacts between Gmail and iPhone is still a tough task. Plus, the different procedures shared online make people confused too. From this point, we recommend AnyMP4 iPhone Transfer Pro. It can meet your need of contact syncing, no matter you are non-tech savvy or advanced users.
- Back up iPhone contacts to computer or add new contacts to iPhone directly.
- Let you preview iPhone contacts for selectively syncing.
- Manage contacts on your iPhone with a computer simply.
- Not damage existing iPhone contacts while syncing.
- Compatible with all iPhone running iOS 14/13/12/11 or earlier.
In a word, it is the easiest way to manage and sync contacts from Gmail to iPhone or from iPhone to Gmail.
How to Sync Contacts from Gmail to iPhone
Step 1: Get the contact syncing tool
How To Copy Contacts From Gmail To Iphone Backup
When you need to sync Gmail contacts to iPhone, download and install iPhone Transfer Pro to your computer. Next, connect your iPhone to the computer with the Lightning cable came with your device. Once launch the software, your iPhone will be recognized.
Step 2: Back up iPhone contacts to computer
Go to the Contacts tab from the left sidebar, and view all your contacts on iPhone. To back up contacts from iPhone to computer, select the desired contacts, click the PC icon on the top of the window and choose your computer. On the Explorer window, choose a specific folder to store the contacts and start backup.
If you want to sync iPhone contacts to Gmail, visit your Gmail account in a browser, go to My Contacts, click More > Import and import the file from your computer.
Step 3: Add new contacts to iPhone
To sync Gmail contacts to iPhone, export them from your Gmail account to your computer. Then go to the Contacts tab in the software and click the Plus icon on the top ribbon. Next, add the Gmail contacts to your iPhone. When it is done, quit the software and disconnect your iPhone.
Note: iPhone Transfer Pro relies on a USB cable to back up and sync contacts on your iPhone. It does not require a network or iCloud. Plus, it only takes a few minutes to complete the process.
How To Copy Contacts From Gmail To Iphone Without
This article shared 3 ways to sync contacts between Gmail and iPhone. It makes sense that people prefer to store and manage contacts in Gmail account. First of all, you can sync all Gmail contacts on iPhone directly. If you just want to sync specific contacts from your Gmail to iPhone, you can do it with your iCloud. On the other hand, we also shared a powerful way to back up, sync and manage your iPhone contacts, AnyMP4 iPhone Transfer Pro. It is not only easy to use, but also offers bonus functionalities. More questions? Please leave a message below.
Jeff is not the only one wondering how to import Google contacts to iPhone. Thousands of people struggle with the exact same thing, but it's actually very simple once you know how to do it. Now, there are a couple of ways to go about importing Google contacts to iPhone, so we're going to provide you with both methods to ensure you don't encounter any problems.
1. Import Google Contacts to iPhone by Syncing
Before you do anything, you'll need to have set up a Google account on your iPhone. To do that, you'll need to follow the steps below:
- Go into Settings > Accounts & Passwords (or go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars if you use iOS 10.3.3 and earlier versions) and then hit Add Account.
- Following that, just press the Google logo to begin the process.
- Enter your Gmail credentials and hit Sign in. You'll then be asked what you want iOS to access in your Google account; as long as Contacts is selected, it doesn't really matter.
By now, you should have your Gmail set up on your iPhone. Here's how to sync the Google contacts with your iPhone.
- Again, go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords (or Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars) on your iPhone, and then hit the Gmail account that you just added.
- You'll see a little toggle button next to Contacts – make sure that is turned on (in green).
- Your contacts will then start streaming in from Gmail to your Contacts section on your iPhone.
2. Import Google Contacts to iPhone via iCloud
An alternative method is to utilize iCloud to retrieve your Google contacts to your iPhone. By deploying this strategy, you'll be able to select which contacts you import, rather than having them all flood across. It's really easy, just follow these steps:
- First off, make sure you're using the old version of Google Contacts, because the newest update doesn't support the exporting function.
- Log into your Gmail account on your browser, then hit Google > Contacts.
- Choose the contacts that you want to import, press More > Export > vCard format.
- You'll then need to go across to your iCloud and log into your account using your Apple credentials on iCloud.com.
- Click on Contacts and select Import vCard (the file you've just exported from Google).
- Then turn on Contacts in iCloud on your iPhone by going to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
Then you can find the Google contact has been imported to your iPhone.
In some instances, people need to do the reverse to import contacts from iPhone to their Gmail account.
Moreover, people generally want to know how to sync their contacts from Google to iPhone when they've switched from being an Android user.
The two methods that we've listed will solve your problem about how to import Google contacts to iPhone; Just need to select the method that is best for you. If you know other methods which can do this, just leave a comment.