- How To Add Gmail Contacts To Iphone 11
- How To Add Gmail Contacts On Iphone
- How To Add Gmail Contacts To Iphone Xr
- How To Add Phone Contacts To Gmail In Iphone
Open your iPhone or iPad's Settings app. Tap Accounts & Passwords Add Account Google. Enter your email and password. This video covers how to import google/Gmail contacts to iPhone or iPad. This tutorial on how to add Gmail contacts to iPhone has the following chapters.Se. If you set up birthdays in Google Contacts, those birthdays are added to your Google Calendar automatically when you sync Google Calendar with Google Contacts. In this guide, we show you how to add birthdays to Google Calendar on a desktop browser, just as you would any other event. How to Add an Email Address to Your Gmail Contacts. Aside from making a new contact's info available on other devices, another reason to add a contact in Gmail is so they are recognized by Google and not sent to spam. Here's how to add an email address to your Gmail contacts.
More than 1.5 billion people use Gmail. With 15 gigabytes of free storage, easy search tools, and a bunch of great features, what’s not to love? So it makes sense that most users want to add Gmail to their iPhones.
There are a few different ways you can do this. We’ll run through some of your options so you can start using Gmail on your phone in no time.
1) Download the Gmail App
The easiest way to add Gmail to iPhone is to download the app in the App Store. It’s super easy, just download and install. Then open the app, input your login credentials, and you’re good to go.
2) Using Gmail with the Mail App Automatically
Instead of adding an extra app, many people prefer to use Apple’s built-in email app, Mail. If you want to add your Gmail address to Mail follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap Add Account, then select your email provider.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account.
- Choose information from your email account, like Contacts or Calendars.
- Tap Save.
3) Gmail Manual Setup with Mail App
If you need to set up your Gmail account manually, you’ll need to your email settings:
- Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap Add Account, tap Other, then tap Add Mail Account.
- Enter your name, email address, password, and a description for your account.
- Tap Next. Mail will try to find the email settings and finish your account setup. If Mail finds your email settings, tap Done to complete your account setup.
If Mail cannot find your email settings, you’ll need a few more things. You’ll also need to:
- Choose IMAP or POP for your new account. Contact your email provider to find out which one if you don’t know.
- Enter the information for Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server.
- If your email settings are correct, tap Save to finish. If the email settings are incorrect, you’ll be asked to edit them.
When you use Mail, all emails are still stored in your Gmail account. So if you delete an email for your Mail inbox, you can always find it when you log directly into Gmail through the app or a web browser.
If you don’t want to save a copy of your emails on Google’s server, you can turn on mail forwarding.
In Gmail settings, you need to enable POP and IMAP. Once you do, you can choose your storage setting. You may want to forward emails to another account, delete them immediately from the server, or whatever fits your needs.
Google Blocked My Sign-in Attempt
For most users, adding Gmail to iPhone should be a breeze. But you may run into problems if Google blocks access for security reasons.
One of the most common issues for people is signing into a new device or in a new location, even on a trusted device. Google may block this as it can look like suspicious activity.
How To Add Gmail Contacts To Iphone 11
To fix this, you’ll need to log into your Gmail account. If available, use a trusted device. This will skip identity verification steps. You should see in your inbox a notification that Google blocked a sign-in attempt.
How To Add Gmail Contacts On Iphone
Click on this email and say this was you. You can also review your trusted device list and add your new iPhone. Now you’ll be able to login on your new iPhone or in the Mail app.
4) Additional Email Apps
If you still want to use your Gmail account but want to use something other than Mail or Gmail, there are plenty of amazing email app options.
For any other app like Microsoft Outlook, Airmail, Spark, or Canary, follow these steps.
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click the gear in the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Check that your settings match this:
Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server –
- Requires SSL
- Port: 993
- Requires SSL:Yes
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server – Requires TLS
How To Add Gmail Contacts To Iphone Xr
- Port: 465 or 587
- Requires SSL: Yes
- Requires authentication: Yes
- Use same settings as incoming mail server
How to Add Gmail to iPhone
Whether you use the Gmail app, the Mail app, or any other options, Apple makes it easy to add Gmail to iPhone. The most important thing is making sure your Gmail account is configured properly. Once you do this, you’ll be able to not only use Gmail on your iPhone, but in any mail client on desktop, mobile, and even the AppleWatch.
Head on over to the Buyback Boss Blog to learn more iPhone tips. Learn how to troubleshoot notifications in this guide. Or find the best entertainment apps for games, TV, movies, and even pet lovers. Check out our blog to discover all things iPhone and more today!
Jeff is not the only one wondering how to import Google contacts to iPhone. Thousands of people struggle with the exact same thing, but it's actually very simple once you know how to do it. Now, there are a couple of ways to go about importing Google contacts to iPhone, so we're going to provide you with both methods to ensure you don't encounter any problems.
1. Import Google Contacts to iPhone by Syncing
Before you do anything, you'll need to have set up a Google account on your iPhone. To do that, you'll need to follow the steps below:
How To Add Phone Contacts To Gmail In Iphone
- Go into Settings > Accounts & Passwords (or go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars if you use iOS 10.3.3 and earlier versions) and then hit Add Account.
- Following that, just press the Google logo to begin the process.
- Enter your Gmail credentials and hit Sign in. You'll then be asked what you want iOS to access in your Google account; as long as Contacts is selected, it doesn't really matter.
By now, you should have your Gmail set up on your iPhone. Here's how to sync the Google contacts with your iPhone.
- Again, go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords (or Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars) on your iPhone, and then hit the Gmail account that you just added.
- You'll see a little toggle button next to Contacts – make sure that is turned on (in green).
- Your contacts will then start streaming in from Gmail to your Contacts section on your iPhone.
2. Import Google Contacts to iPhone via iCloud
An alternative method is to utilize iCloud to retrieve your Google contacts to your iPhone. By deploying this strategy, you'll be able to select which contacts you import, rather than having them all flood across. It's really easy, just follow these steps:
- First off, make sure you're using the old version of Google Contacts, because the newest update doesn't support the exporting function.
- Log into your Gmail account on your browser, then hit Google > Contacts.
- Choose the contacts that you want to import, press More > Export > vCard format.
- You'll then need to go across to your iCloud and log into your account using your Apple credentials on iCloud.com.
- Click on Contacts and select Import vCard (the file you've just exported from Google).
- Then turn on Contacts in iCloud on your iPhone by going to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
Then you can find the Google contact has been imported to your iPhone.
In some instances, people need to do the reverse to import contacts from iPhone to their Gmail account.
Moreover, people generally want to know how to sync their contacts from Google to iPhone when they've switched from being an Android user.
The two methods that we've listed will solve your problem about how to import Google contacts to iPhone; Just need to select the method that is best for you. If you know other methods which can do this, just leave a comment.