Follow the instructions below to install your free copy of Microsoft Office on a personally-owned PC. You my install Office on up to five personally-owned computers. Your free download of Office is for personal use -- do not install it on Wayne State University departmental computers. This download is about one GB.
How to install the free Microsoft Office download
But they do offer surprisingly powerful Office applications, and they’re completely free. Sign Up for a Free One-Month Trial. If you just need Microsoft Office for a short period of time, you can sign up for a one-month free trial. To find this offer, head to Microsoft’s Try Office for free website, and sign up for the trial.
1. Log in to Wayne Connect with your AccessID and password at connect.wayne.edu. Click Install now to begin your download. If you don't see the option to install Office, try logging out and then logging back in. If you've already installed a copy of Office or you can't find the Install link, just make sure you're signed into Wayne Connect, then visit portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx.
- Find a copy of Office to download from your preferred download site. Office is available on a variety of torrent sites, though this method may have questionable legality. 2 Scan the file for viruses.
- Check our knowledge for instructions on using Office for iOS, iPadOS and Android (Chromebooks can use the Android version of Office). Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation for Mac or PC. It should automatically download the correct version for your operating system.
2. Open the setup file from your browser or your Downloads folder. C&IT suggests you use the recommended settings. Click Accept.
3. Microsoft Office will now begin installing automatically - the installation progress will show in the corner of your screen.
You will also get a pop-up that will introduce you to the product and allow you to activate your subscription.
4. Office will show a start-up video. Click Next when you're ready.
5. When the program requests that you login, enter your full AccessID email address (e.g., [email protected]). Enter your AccessID password when prompted. If you are having trouble activating your subscription, change your password and try again.
6. When the installation progress window in the corner is complete, your applications should be ready to use!
How To Download Microsoft Office
Note: If you have an older version of Microsoft Office installed, it is advised that you remove it before installing your free copy. Learn how to install the free Microsoft Office download for Mac at kb.wayne.edy/77907.