Check your Firefox version (in the “About Firefox” window) and look for “(32-bit)” or “(64-bit)” after the version number: If you see “(32-bit)” and you are running Firefox 56.0 or older, updating to the latest Firefox version should automatically upgrade you to 64-bit. Install Firefox Extended Support Release. Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) is an official version of Firefox developed for large organizations such as universities and businesses. Firefox ESR does not come with the latest features, but it does have the latest security and stability fixes.
By default, Firefox updates automatically. You can always check for updates at any time, in which case an update is downloaded but not installed until you restart Firefox.
Firefox makes it to version 54, Mozilla dubs it 'the best Firefox' Mozilla has announced the latest update to its popular web browser. Firefox is now up to version number 54 with changes that, according to the company, make it 'the best Firefox in history' thanks to an important performance tweak in the form of multiprocess support when loading tabs.
- Click the menu button , click Help and select About Firefox.On the menu bar click the Firefox menu and select About Firefox.
- The About Mozilla FirefoxAbout Firefox window opens. Firefox will check for updates and download them automatically.
- When the download is complete, click .
- If you are on a Mac computer with Apple Silicon and update from an older version to Firefox 84 or higher, you will need to fully exit and restart Firefox after the update (as explained here).
Mozilla Firefox Latest Version Free Download 2018
Stay safe: Download only from the official Mozilla links above to avoid malware and other online threats.
Update settings can be changed in Firefox OptionsPreferencesSettingsPreferences. In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click Firefox and select Preferences.Click the menu button and select ... In the General panel, go to the Firefox Updates section.
A faster, more secure and customizable Web browser.
Mozilla Firefox (64-bit) - Mozilla Firefox is a fast, light and tidy open source web browser. At its public launch in 2004 Mozilla Firefox was the first browser to challenge Microsoft Internet Explorer’s dominance. Since then, Mozilla Firefox has consistently featured in the top 3 most popular browsers globally and this is set to continue thanks to the release of Firefox 30. The key features that have made Mozilla Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities. The browser is particularly popular with developers thanks to its open source development and active community of advanced users.
Mozilla put of a lot of resources into creating a simple but effective UI aimed at making browsing quicker and easier. They created the tab structure that has been adopted by most other browsers. In recent years Mozilla has also focused on maximizing browsing area by simplifying toolbar controls to just a Firefox button (which contains settings and options) and back/forward buttons. The URL box features direct Google searching as well as an auto predict/history feature called Awesome Bar. On the right side of the URL box there are bookmarking, history and refresh buttons. To the right of the URL box is a search box which allows you to customize your search engine options. Outside of that a view button controls what you see below the URL. Next to that you have the download history and home buttons.
Firefox Latest Version Free Download For Windows 10 64 Bit
Firefox was the first browser to introduce a private browsing feature which allows you to use the internet more anonymously and securely. History, searches, passwords, downloads, cookies and cached content are all removed on shutdown. Minimizing the chances of another user stealing your identity or finding confidential information. Content security, anti-phishing technology and antivirus/antimalware integration ensures your browsing experience is as safe as possible.
Personalisation & Development
One of the best features of the Firefox UI is customization. Simply right click on the navigation toolbar to customize individual components or just drag and drop items you want to move around. The inbuilt Firefox Add-ons Manager allows you to discover and install add-ons within the browser as well as view ratings, recommendations and descriptions. Read about the top recommended add-ons for Mozilla Firefox on TechBeat. Thousands of customizable themes allow you to customize the look and feel of your browser. Site authors and developers can create advanced content and applications using Mozilla’s open source platform and enhanced API.
- Firefox introduces HTTPS-Only Mode. When enabled, this new mode ensures that every connection Firefox makes to the web is secure and alerts you when a secure connection is not available. You can enable it in Firefox Preferences.
- Pinch zooming will now be supported for our users with Windows touchscreen devices and touchpads on Mac devices. Firefox users may now use pinch to zoom on touch-capable devices to zoom in and out of webpages.
- Picture-in-Picture now supports keyboard shortcuts for fast forwarding and rewinding videos: use the arrow keys to move forward and back 15 seconds, along with volume controls.
- When you are presenting your screen on a video conference in Firefox, you will see our improved user interface that makes it clearer which devices or displays are being shared.
- Firefox supports AcroForm, which will allow you to fill in, print, and save supported PDF forms and the PDF viewer also has a new fresh look.
- Selecting a search engine at the bottom of the search panel now enters search mode for that engine, allowing you to see suggestions (if available) for your search terms. The old behavior (immediately performing a search) is available with a shift-click.
- When Firefox autocompletes the URL of one of your search engines, you can now search with that engine directly in the address bar by selecting the shortcut in the address bar results.
- We have added buttons at the bottom of the search panel to allow you to search your bookmarks, open tabs, and history.
- Our users in India on the English build of Firefox will now see Pocket recommendations in their new tab featuring some of the best stories on the web.