Installing Firefox on Mac. To download and install Firefox: Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you. Click Download Firefox. free. software download,The biggest software directory for freeware and shareware download at brothersoft.com.
Bookmarklets allow you to always keep your common tasks on a web page just a click away. This article tells you what bookmarklets are, and explains how to install and use them.
Table of Contents
A bookmarklet is a 'one-click' tool which adds functionality to the browser, such as modifying the appearance of a web page, querying a search engine with search terms provided by previously selected text, or submitting the current page to a translation or blogging service.
- They do basic tasks on clicking.
- They are universal, i.e. they usually work on any browser, not just Firefox, and whatever the platform, mobile or desktop.
- They are managed as any bookmarks. For more information, see Bookmarks in Firefox.
To install a bookmarklet, simply:
- Show the Bookmarks Toolbar by right-clickingcontrol-clicking on an empty section of the Tab Strip and checking Bookmarks Toolbar in the pop-up menu.
- Drag the bookmarklet from the page to your Bookmarks Toolbar. It should appear on the toolbar.
That's all there is to it!
The process is very similar for other browsers; usually the only hard part is figuring out how to show your browser's Bookmarks Toolbar – but once that's taken care of, you're good to go!
All you have to do is:
- Navigate to the page where you want your bookmarklet to apply to.
- Click the bookmarklet on your Bookmarks Toolbar.
Now that you know what bookmarklets are and how to install and use them, here are some cool bookmarklets to start your own collection:
Download Firefox Application
- Readability removes crufty sidebars from web pages and enlarges text to make it easier to read.
- Microsoft Translator Bookmarklet detects the original language of a web page and translates it to your own language. This bookmarklet doesn't work on secure (https://) websites.
Firefox Application Mode
You can find more at http://marklets.com/.