DBeaver Portable 5.0.4 Application: DBeaver Category: Developement Description: Free multi-platform database tool for developers, SQL programmers, database administrators and analysts.
- Bumping this, currently using HeidiSQL, but wanting to give DBeaver a run.
- DBeaver Portable Database management with browser, editor, SQL statements. DBeaver Portable database management with browser, editor, SQL statements. MySQL Workbench A collection of tools for MySQL databases in a Windows interface.
DBDesigner 4 is a visual database design system that integrates database design, modeling, creation and maintenance into a single, seamless environment.It combines professional features and a clear and simple user interface to offer the most efficient way to handle your databases.
Features and highlights
- User Interfaced based on industry standard layout software
- Design Mode / Query Mode
- Reverse engineering MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL and any ODBC databases
- User-defined schema-generation
- Model-To-Database syncronization
- Index support
- Automatic foreign key placement
- Weak entity support
DBDesigner 18.104.22.168 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from database software without restrictions. DBDesigner 4 22.214.171.124 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows. As an open source project, you are free to view the source code and distribute this software application freely.Filed under:
- DBDesigner Download
- Freeware Database Software
- Open source and GPL software
- Major release: DBDesigner 4.0
- Database Designing Software
DBeaver is a free, open source multiplatform database management tool and SQL client for developers and database administrators. DBeaver can be used to access any database or cloud application that has an ODBC or JDBC driver, such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQl, Salesforce, or MailChimp. Devart DBeaver provides you with the most important features you'd need when working with a database in a GUI tool, such as:
- SQL queries execution
- Metadata browsing and editing
- SQL scripts management
- Data export/import
- Data backup
- DDL generation
- ER diagrams rendering
- Test data generation
- BLOB/CLOB support
- Database objects browsing
- Scrollable resultsets
The tool comes in two editions — Community and Enterprise. Enterprise Edition supports NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB or Cassandra, persistent query manager database, SSH tunneling, vector graphics (SVG) and a few other enterprise-level features. Note though that you can access a MongoDB database from DBeaver Community Edition using the respective Devart ODBC driver. For the purposes of this guide, we'll use the Community Edition of DBeaver to retrieve data from Oracle via the Open Database Connectivity driver.
Creating an ODBC Data Source to Use Oracle Data in DBeaver
- Click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Select Administrative Tools, then click ODBC Data Sources.
- Click on the System DSN tab if you want to set up a DSN name for all users of the system or select User DSN to configure DSN only for your account.
- Click the Add button and double-click Devart ODBC Driver for Oracle in the list.
- Give a name to your data source and set up the connection parameters.
- Click the Test Connection button to verify that you have properly configured the DSN.
When using ODBC driver for Oracle with DBeaver, SQL_WVARCHAR data types may be displayed incorrectly in DBeaver. To prevent this, you need to set the string data types to Ansi either in the Advanced Settings tab of the driver configuration dialog or directly in the connection string (String Types=Ansi) — all string types will be returned as SQL_CHAR, SQL_VARCHAR and SQL_LONGVARCHAR.
Connecting to Oracle Data from DBeaver via ODBC Driver for Oracle
Follow the steps below to establish a connection to Oracle in DBeaver.
- In the Database menu, select New Database Connection.
- In the Connect to database wizard, select ODBC and click Next.
- Enter the previously configured DSN in the Database/Schema field.
- Click Test Connection. If everything goes well, you'll see the Success message.
Viewing Oracle Database Objects and Querying Data
Dbeaver Portable Scanner
You can expand out the database structure in DBeaver's Database Navigator to visualize all the tables in Oracle database. To view and edit the data in a table, you need to right-click on the target table name and select View data.The content of the table will be displayed in the main workspace.
If you want to write a custom SQL query that will include only the necessary columns from the table, you can select New SQL Editor in the SQL Editor main menu. Create your query and run it by clicking Execute SQL Statement to view the results in the same window.
Dbeaver Portable System
|© 2015-2021 Devart. All Rights Reserved.||Request Support||ODBC Forum||Provide Feedback|